Jun 15, 2012

Friday Fotos and I DON'T LIKE SPIDERS!!!

I had a little inspiration from a friend who told me that by the time a girl is 10 years old she should be able to replace the mother.  Well, heaven forbid that should ever happen, but I'm on top of it now!

So Emma made breakfast this morning.  Actually, it would be a lot easier to open a package of poptarts or something but since we (I) am on a mission to reduce/remove processed foods from our regular diet, I told her to pick out a recipe from her cookbook. 

If you think this looks vintage you would be correct!  Printed in 1979, it is most definitely old  vintage.  And it used to be mine. 

Anyways, she chose muffins so we set to work this morning putting it all together. 

Except for a wasted egg which ended up on the counter instead of in the bowl, I think she did great! 

She was proud of her accomplishment and had fun making something new. 

She even thought it was fun to wash the dishes.  ;)

There they are in all of their jelly goodness. ;)


Finger paints! 

Beau's first time with paints. :)  All he needed was for his big sister and brother to show him what to do.

Probably every child has done this.  It's just too tempting, right?

And something else.....


Cory invited us to drive up to the house with him to lock the gate and check out what the "brick people" did. 
So we did that. 
After we had been there 15 minutes or so he and Cody went upstairs.  Emma started up after them a few minutes later and I was right behind her with Beau. 
But just as we were going up, Cory was coming down carrying the cardboard sample of the shingles that will go on our house. 
As he came closer I noticed something large...long-legged....and LARGE on the back of the cardboard. 
He was coming toward me on the stairs and he had NO IDEA. 
No idea that he was carrying a monster of a spider down the stairs towards myself and two of our children. 

Oh but I did. 

As I elbowed Emma back down the stairs, dragging Beau by his arm so that his feet didn't touch the ground, I tried desperately to relay the message of my knowledge of this ghastly creature that was inches from his hand. 
He stared at me as I pointed and yelled "There's a spider on the back of that thing!".  "On the back of what?!"  he kept saying. 
Oh.my.word.
Seriously?
I was practically falling over myself and my children to get away from him and pointing and staring at what was in his hand. 
I thought it was obvious.

When he finally realized what I was trying to say he threw it down and that...that...THING..that wolf spider that sent chills through my body went SPRINTING across the basement floor. 

I yelled at him to "KILL IT!!"
After a few missed stomps (that thing was fast!) it was finally dead. 

Goodness gracious. 
Help me. 










No comments:

Post a Comment