May 20, 2012

Summertime Plans

School is officially over for us here at the Peters's household!  This weekend I started planning out our Summer.  I believe in having fun with my kids and enjoying them as much as possible!  

Yes, there will be laundry and cleaning, etc.  You can never really get away from that, can you?  I like to cram it all into one day and be done with it!  Well, with the exception of the laundry.  Sometimes a couple extra loads a week is required for this family of five. :/ 

BUT, hey, life is short and my kids get older and taller by the day.  I will never get these days back and THEY only have one childhood. 

So tomorrow we are packing it up and heading to the ocean for a week filled with sand, sun (while smothered in sunscreen of course) icecream, and probably another ferry ride to the aquarium. 

And by the way, the last time we visited the aquarium I bought a membership which now gets us all in free to any of the aquariums and the zoo here in NC.  Most of the zoos/wildlife/aquariums are free or half off across the country too.  SO, for us this is an amazing deal since we will most definitely use it several times this year.  (Just an fyi for any of you moms who want to take advantage of that deal.  It's awesome.)

When we get back from the beach Cody will turn 5.  It's crazy to think that he will start kindergarten this Fall!  And also by the time we return, the pool will finally be open and I know they will all be begging to go swimming every day.  :0

So here are some things I'm planning for us this Summer '12.  By the way, if I don't plan these things out then the days come and go and before I know it it's time for school again. 

We our planning to:
  • Swim alot
  • See the animals at the Zoo
  • Celebrate some birthdays and our 13th anniversary
  • Have playdates at Reedy Creek Park (new fave)
  • Take a long road trip to New York to visit my Gram!
  • Take part in the reading program at the library
  • Hopefully do the beach thing one more time
It's pretty simple but it will fill our days.  I hope you are making your Summer plans and that you have a great time just enjoying your kids. 

I hope that my kids will look back on their childhood with fond memories. 

I know I will. 


Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~


No comments:

Post a Comment