May 7, 2012

My Horse Lover

Note to self: Remember to take the digital card out of the computer NEXT TIME and reinsert into the camera BEFORE leaving the house for Emma's FIRST riding lesson! 

Let that be a lesson to me.  I will not forget next time. 

ANYways. 

Emma had her very first riding lesson tonight and I couldn't have been more proud of her.  She impressed me with her lack of fear and timidity with the horse.  It didn't even bother her that Spot was only slightly gassy!  Not. At. All. 

The first half of the lesson was spent grooming the horse and she loved EVERY bit of it and wasn't shy at all with the horse or the trainer.

The stable owner was very friendly the first time that we went to check out the place and she took alot of time with us showing us around.  The trainer also was extremely good with Emma and a very easy going and knowledgeable  teacher.

Her lesson was supposed to be an hour tonight but ended up being a half hour longer.  By the end of the lesson she had Emma trotting through the stable! 

When we got ready to leave Emma clasped her hands together and said excitedly, "I LOVE horses!  I  wish I could stay here and just ride horses!".

I wish I could have captured her excited face at that moment. 

But I will just have to be content with these phone pictures I snapped until I can get some better ones. :)

Before her lesson. 

Grooming. 

I kind of actually love this picture.  She looks like a natural.

In the saddle.








No comments:

Post a Comment