Nov 4, 2011

Giving Thanks

It is already November.  November!  I must be getting old because it's true that they say the older you get the faster time goes.  For real. 

Blessings.

Contentment.

Thankfulness.

I guess those things go hand in hand in a way and I've been challenged lately in all three.  So with Thanksgiving being this month I'm being reminded to focus on those things that I'm thankful to God for.  But also to remember not to complain....about anything.  Easier said than done I know. 

So in the spirit of Thanksgiving I'm going to make a list of things, people, situations, blessings, trials, etc. that I'm thankful for.  I'm sure you could do the same!



1. This is specific to today because I had to grocery shop.  It has been cold and gray all day long and quite frankly I didn't exactly WANT to go to the store with my 3 and buy another week of groceries that cost too much.  However,( because of this book I've been reading), it was fresh on my mind that as an American I am considered one of the richest in the world.  Now, I don't feel rich but it's all relative isn't it?  Compared to other countries we are very rich.  So, with that in mind, I remembered to be thankful that I had a vehicle in which to go to the grocery store, money to buy the groceries, and a warm, dry house to come home to. 

2. I'm thankful for naptime and for the warm baby I get to snuggle with after.  It's short-lived most days but I take what I can get!   

I think I'll do some of these every day until Thanksgiving.  Wow.  Ok, I guess I just committed to do this for the next 3 weeks.  And also not to complain.  :/  Ok.  

No comments:

Post a Comment