Oct 15, 2011

Raleigh and Marbles

It's another beautiful Saturday and I am sitting here with my windows open.  Cory and the two oldest kids headed up to the land around noon to meet the guy who will be bush-hogging some of the property where the house will be sitting.  Yesterday afternoon Cory pulled permits so that building can begin soon.  So now we have an address out there!  That is just so exciting to me.  :)

I was in Raleigh the last part of this week visiting family and decided to take the kids on a field trip to the Marbles Museum while we were there.  My mom went with us and my brother and wife and little girl met us there too.  So, as you might have guessed, I have a lot of pictures of our time there. :)  And of course I'll share a few. 


The first night that I was in Raleigh we went to dinner at the Cleveland Draft House.  This is my mom and Emma at the restaurant.  That was the best Cobb salad I've had in a long time. 


On our way back home we were admiring the beautiful sky that God designed.  When I stopped for gas I had to snap a few pictures. 


The next day we went to Marbles in downtown Raleigh.  This is my mom and Emma attempting to hula hoop.  :)


Marbles is a "play" museum.  The kids can pretend and imagine they are ANYthing.  Here is Beau driving a bus. :)


Emma as a doctor.


Cody as the patient.


Why didn't they have cool places like this when I was a kid?!

Vet Cody.

Putting the animals back in their cage.

This dog looks very sick!

Sweet cousin Gabbi.

Gabbi


These poor people must be waiting for their animals to be seen.  The guy with the lamb looks a little shady.


There were fun trains!

And a pirate ship!

Ahoy!

Aunt Nina with Beau.


Great photo ops too.

And I guess some things never change.

See? 


Woodworking.  She loved it!  Go figure. 

Sharp tools require supervision.

You can build with life size lego bricks!  Cody really loved this part.


Can we fix it?!

Yes we can!!

Here they are at the end of their visit. 

Phew!  We had fun and it's always nice to get away from the routine. 

I'm always looking for fun and inexpensive field trips.  Any suggestions? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment