Oct 4, 2011

Cherishing these days

October is one of my favorite months of the year.  I love the beginning of chilly mornings and crisp nights.  I like the Summer but once it gets to be the beginning of September I'm ready to throw out the Autumn decorations and usher in the cooler weather.  So I thought that the month of October would be a great month for fun field trips and just plain old park days!  This has been a great week so far for the park.  We have spent a good bit of time outside playing and just taking in the fresh air, which by the way, I think is extremely good for us.  I have at least two field trips planned for the kids which include a trip to the zoo and a really fun museum. 

I don't know about ya'll but so far I've enjoyed teaching my kids this year.  It's tiring and not always peaceful at times but I'm learning to cherish these times.  I like having them around.  Over the weekend I was catching up on some reading in this magazine I get called The Old Schoolhouse.  I love that magazine.  It's chock full of really really good stuff!  I highly recommend it.  ANYways, I was reading through an article about the Charlotte Mason theory written by Catherine Levison and she said something that explains how I feel. 

She said "Among the most crucial (of realizations) was the awareness that neither the children themselves nor the fact that I homeschooled them was accidental.  Both were from God Himself.  With an ordination like that, I felt empowered.  I did not just fall into homeschooling one day-I was called to homeschool."

That is how I feel.  :)

So happy homeschooling, moms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment